Thursday, March 22, 2012

Waffles Report: Fan Death


If bodies are exposed to electric fans or air conditioners for too long, it causes [the] bodies to lose water and [causes] hypothermia. If directly in contact with [air current from] a fan, this could lead to death from [an] increase of carbon dioxide saturation concentration [sic] and decrease of oxygen concentration. The risks are higher for the elderly and patients with respiratory problems. From 2003 [to] 2005, a total of 20 cases were reported through the CISS involving asphyxiations caused by leaving electric fans and air conditioners on while sleeping. To prevent asphyxiation, timers should be set, wind direction should be rotated and doors should be left open. - Source Wikipedia

Never. Sleeping. With. My. Fan. On. Again.

Click here to read more issues of the Waffles Report.

1 comment:

  1. It's a good thing I continue to drink a ton of Mt Dew when in direct contact with my fan then.

    I survived SIDS and I can survive this.

    ReplyDelete